Units meet during the 3rd week of each month:
3rd Monday ~ Arlington Area Unit; 7 PM, Fielder Museum, 1616 W Abram, Arlington.
3rd Tuesday ~ NE/Mid-Cities Unit Meeting; 7 PM, Barnes & Noble in the Shops at NE Mall; Melbourne Rd. next to Best Buy; Reservations suggested.
3rd Thursday ~ Fort Worth Downtown Lunch Unit; NOON, Trinity Terrace, Blue Spire West in building 3, 1600 Texas Street; Reservations suggested but not required. Lunch is optional, cost is $16.
3rd Thursday ~ South/Southwest Dinner Unit; 6 PM, Olive Garden at I-20 and Hulen in the shopping center; Reservations suggested.
4th Monday ~ Monday Matinee; 11AM, Arlington Police West Service Center, 2060 W Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington. Bring a sack lunch and a friend.
email the League office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions for discussion will be:
1. To what extent are the fees based in research? What part of the research did you find interesting, concerning or that you have more questions about?
2. Will the fees be used to increase the budget for maintenance or will it be used for renovation?
3. If the park institutes the fees how will it affect the level of access to the gardens and who will it affect the most/least?
4. Will the fees affect how the City of Fort Worth helps to fund the gardens?
5. Is there a plan to eventually privatize the gardens and what will that mean for the City of Fort Worth?
September 2018 - Promoting Voting
October 2018 - Botanic Gardens
November 2018 - Homeless in Tarrant County
December 2018- No Unit meetings ~ enjoy the holidays
January 2019 - Immigration
February 2019 - Gun Control/Public Safety
March 2019 - ERA / Women's Services
April 2019 - Environment (Hazardous materials in and traveling through Tarrant County)
May 2019- No Unit meetings + Plan to attend the Annual Meeting