Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? Why Vote?...and more
Newsletter - The VOTER Learn More
- We publish our newsletter, The VOTER, nine times a year. Read our April, 2019 VOTER online. Our previous issues are available below.
Unit Meetings Learn More
- Units meet during the 3rd week of each month:
3rd Monday ~ Arlington Area Unit; 7 PM, Fielder Museum, 1616 W Abram, Arlington. (Arlington Candidate Forum will take place on April 15th in lieu of regular Unit Meeting)
3rd Tuesday ~ NE/Mid-Cities Unit Meeting; 7 PM, Barnes & Noble in the Shops at NE Mall; Melbourne Rd. next to Best Buy; Reservations suggested. (Rescheduled for April 25th this month)
3rd Thursday ~ Fort Worth Downtown Lunch Unit; NOON, Trinity Terrace, Blue Spire West in building 3, 1600 Texas Street; Reservations suggested but not required. Lunch is optional, cost is $16.
3rd Thursday ~ South/Southwest Dinner Unit; 6 PM, la Madeleine French Bakery & Café at Hulen just north of I-20 in the shopping center; Reservations suggested. (Rescheduled for April 25th this month)
4th Monday ~ Monday Matinee; 11AM, Arlington Unitarian Universalist Church, 2001 California Lane, Arlington 76013. Bring a sack lunch and a friend.
email the League office for more information at email@example.com
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan organization of women and men, has been encouraging active, informed participation in government and influencing public policy through education and advocacy for more than 90 years.
Join the League and be directly involved in shaping the important issues in our community. The League of Women Voters is where hands-on work to safeguard democracy leads to civic improvement. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Municipal elections are May 4, 2019.
To see the link to your personalized ballot go to our Elections section
and click on the link to VOTE411. Information will be available approximately 30 days before the election.
Our Units are a wonderful place to become better informed about topics of interest to the citizens of Tarrant County and to know those League members in your area of the County. Mark your calendar for the 3rd week of each month and make plans to attend a Unit meeting. Your presence will make a difference and your voice counts. Contact email@example.com
for more information.
Our April Units will take a look at The Green New Deal: What is it? Why is it needed? Who spearheaded this movement?. Information and discussion questions about the topic will be available here or in the April, 2019 VOTER.
- The Arlington Candidate Forum will take the place of the Unit Meeting for April.
- The NE/Mid-cities Unit Meeting will move to the 25th this month due to a conflicting Candidate Forum.
- The South/Southwest Dinner Unit Meeting will move to the 25th this month due to a conflicting Candidate Forum.
Date: May 21, 2019
Location: Diamond Oaks Country Club, 5821 Diamond Oaks Drive North, Fort Worth, TX 76117.
Reservations required by May 11th! The Annual Meeting Workbook will be coming soon to your inbox.
5:30 p.m. Registration
6:00 p.m. Business Meeting
7:00 p.m. Plated Dinner
7:30 p.m. Program
Cost: $35 if received by April 30, $45 per person between May 1-11, $50 if paid at the door. Pay here online or mail check payable to LWV Tarrant County by May 11th.